Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Scaling a group of objects by sizing a single(smaller) object

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by Tommeck, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Tommeck

Tommeck New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Dubuque, Iowa
    I am trying to set to scale a group of objects in SignLab using the measurements of one smaller object. If I get the size of the overall its easy. But sometimes I am asked to scale with only a single measurement on a smaller object within this group. Is this possible?

Thank you!
    Tom

2. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I don't think it's possible to scale anything by setting the dimensions of an object in a group. However, what we do is make a block the size that we need that grouped object to be and scale the whole art till the object fits. Make sense? Or we'll use Flexi's measurement tool on the object and then scale until that object is to size. I'm sure you could do some math and figure out the ratios for scaling everything up and whatnot, but it only takes a few seconds to do it the way I mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  3. signgal605

signgal605 New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    South Dakota
    Select the small item, drag it up to the size you want, paying attention to the percentage of scale. Undo, select everything, then manually type in the percentage of scale. That should get you close enough.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tommeck

Tommeck New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Making the box was my process too. It just seems a little clunky because I faintly remember(from years ago) that AI can do this. Finding the ratio's is not what I was doing. That helps a lot, thank you.

5. Tommeck

Tommeck New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Brilliant! Thank you.

6. zspace

zspace Merchant Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Make a box the size you want the scaling box to become. Grab everything else and enlarge until the scaling box fits the correct size. It gets us close enough.