• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Scaling a group of objects by sizing a single(smaller) object

Tommeck

I am trying to set to scale a group of objects in SignLab using the measurements of one smaller object. If I get the size of the overall its easy. But sometimes I am asked to scale with only a single measurement on a smaller object within this group. Is this possible?

Thank you!
Tom

bannertime

I don't think it's possible to scale anything by setting the dimensions of an object in a group. However, what we do is make a block the size that we need that grouped object to be and scale the whole art till the object fits. Make sense? Or we'll use Flexi's measurement tool on the object and then scale until that object is to size. I'm sure you could do some math and figure out the ratios for scaling everything up and whatnot, but it only takes a few seconds to do it the way I mentioned.

signgal605

Select the small item, drag it up to the size you want, paying attention to the percentage of scale. Undo, select everything, then manually type in the percentage of scale. That should get you close enough.

Tommeck

I don't think it's possible to scale anything by setting the dimensions of an object in a group. However, what we do is make a block the size that we need that grouped object to be and scale the whole art till the object fits. Make sense? Or we'll use Flexi's measurement tool on the object and then scale until that object is to size. I'm sure you could do some math and figure out the ratios for scaling everything up and whatnot, but it only takes a few seconds to do it the way I mentioned.

Making the box was my process too. It just seems a little clunky because I faintly remember(from years ago) that AI can do this. Finding the ratio's is not what I was doing. That helps a lot, thank you.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Make a box the size you want the scaling box to become. Grab everything else and enlarge until the scaling box fits the correct size. It gets us close enough.