• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scaling In Flexi

MITCHATEXOTIC

Lets say you have a digital photo of a yard stick and it is siting on a box.How would youscale the yard stick to 36 inches(duh) for a true template for the box....I no Ive read this on the boards somewhere but cant find it now....THANK YOU

doublesky

Using the rectangle tool, draw a box that is exactly 36", and then scale your photo to make the stick fit within that box.

thewood

Draw a rectangle directly over the yard stick. Use this rectangle to mask the photo. Set the width of the masked photo to 36". Unmask the photo, and all will be scaled.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Draw a rectangle directly over the yard stick. Use this rectangle to mask the photo. Set the width of the masked photo to 36". Unmask the photo, and all will be scaled.

Exactly so, but to do it correctly you need two yardsticks arranged in an 'L'. Then draw your rectangle, now square, over the yardsticks, mask the photo into the rectangle and then make the rectangle 36x36. This will properly scale the photo and account for both horizontal and vertical parallax.

If you didn't hold the plane of the camera exactly parallel to the subject, you can do even better by making a parallelogram to bound the yardsticks, mask, then nudge the parallelogram into a 36x36 rectangle. Remember that the masked photo is subjected to every size, rotate, and skew you perform on the masking rectangle.

signguy95

Easiest way in Flexi:

1) Draw rectangle over yard stick
2) select rectangle
3) Arrange menu / Resize: Check proportional and apply to all
4) enter width in appropriate box
5) Click check mark and viola!
6) delete rectangle

Jay

Replicator

If I'm not mistaken Bob said to take a paralalarexamgram
and put it in a pentagram over an L shaped paralalafactrogram
and then just draw a pictahorozactogram over the entire image
to make it 36"x36" . . .

Sounds easy enough !

SignosaurusRex

Huh! I'm thoroughly lost, dazed, confused, and not to mention fell off my bar stool and cant get up! 36" x 36", huh, something in a box?

gvgraphics

Huh! I'm thoroughly lost, dazed, confused, and not to mention fell off my bar stool and cant get up! 36" x 36", huh, something in a box?

I think they are trying to see how many bottles of JD will fit in a 36"x36" box. Or is it just me thinking about the JD?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If I'm not mistaken Bob said to take a paralalarexamgram
and put it in a pentagram over an L shaped paralalafactrogram
and then just draw a pictahorozactogram over the entire image
to make it 36"x36" . . .

Sounds easy enough !

Perhaps I used some word or invoked some concept with which you are not familiar. That's all right, ignorance is its own reward...

Sad though, the apparent state of public education as demonstrated by what seems to be your somewhat less than incisive knowledge of elementary geometry.

MITCHATEXOTIC

Fun Man Just Fun

Somewhere between the trials and tribulations of an eternity of troublesome and woeful ponderances the must be an infinitley small amount of room for jovial or is that juvinile behavior......I really do appreciate all the help this board has given me.....THANKS

RiXaX

I draw a shape the length of the yardstick, select it, and hit Control and K. Then size the shape to thirty six inches and say to re proportion all and say go!

Then you can delete the shape