• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

scaling strokes in Corel

Dave Drane

Yep! I'm running it on 4 computers and a laptop, all running Win7 64bit.

Thanks Gary. It will make the difference between getting one with a Graphics Card or not. I will make sure I get the right one. The "Good Guys" have an Acer on special @ $995 with a $100 cashback. Is that a good buy?? 1gb with 2gb storage?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
There have been many answers thrown out here. What is the consensus? I already know how to scale in Illustrator

I only apply stroked shapes for print files and even in those files I usually convert to outlines.

It was easy for me to resend the file to the customer with the strokes converted, but I am surprised it is not 1 click in Corel.

signmeup

There have been many answers thrown out here. What is the consensus? I already know how to scale in Illustrator

I only apply stroked shapes for print files and even in those files I usually convert to outlines.

It was easy for me to resend the file to the customer with the strokes converted, but I am surprised it is not 1 click in Corel.
Eric, Corel doesn't do strokes... it does outlines. To covert an outline to an object is one click in Corel. To scale an outline with object is 2 clicks. You have to open the outline dialogue box and then click "scale with object".

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
strokes/outlines. Regardless of what it is called it is the same concept. What are the 2 clicks to make it scalable?

The advantage of sending a customer a file with strokes is that it allows them to easily change the stroke/outline width if they ever need it so

Joe Diaz

Eric, Corel doesn't do strokes... it does outlines. To covert an outline to an object is one click in Corel. To scale an outline with object is 2 clicks. You have to open the outline dialogue box and then click "scale with object".

That's how I do it.

signmeup

Select all items you want to modify. Open outline dialogue. Check the "scale with object" tick box. Click OK. (Hey.. that's 3 clicks...)

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
post #8 or also command-k (mac) ctrl-k (windows). It brings up the general preferences dialog box. Click on the "scale strokes and effects box"

signmeup

Oh.. the post with the smart remark about Corel import issues. Has anyone tried to import a Corel x4 file into Illy? I'd really like to be able to do that.

W

wetgravy

In Illustrator...

Object-Transform-Scale

Check the box that says "Scale Strokes & Effects"

Corel (X4) still ignores that setting during import. Sounds like a Corel Import issue (another in the long list of Corel import probems!)

This is how you do it ... +1 to this. Should also point out that the option for scaling strokes and effects are not defaulted on AI imports. If you need them to scale, select the whole graphic, goto the stroke menu and you should be able to set scale with for all objects without changing anything else. Atleast that is how I do it.

signage

Eric the quickest way would be for you client to import your AI then hit F12 and check scale with image! Now if the scale the image the outline will scale! Hope this helps you!