• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scam Email or not?

Andy D

I'm 99% sure the email below is a scam, but thought I would ask here and see what you think...
There should be a pinned thread listing all the different scam emails.

Micheal Mandy <michealmandy.jan@gmail.com>

Subject:
handle Banner....././//

Hi! i'm Micheal Mandy i want to know if you available to handle Banner Design and do accept credit cards?

Thanks

Mandy.

CanuckSigns

I've never had a legit client ask if I accept credit cards in the first sentence of an email introduction before, do what you will with that info.

Since he/she says their name is Michael Mandy then signs the email as just Mandy, I'm going to vote for scam. That and all the grammar and punctuation errors.

mkmie

Lost Soul
I sent him this quote, attached. Thank you some forgotten Signs101 member for posting it. Yes, it said scam banner quote as the file name.
He replied.
"Okay good. I would like you to go ahead and calculate the cost for 40 Qty and this would be picked up at your location. I already made an arrangement with the shipping agent that will come and pick them up from you once it's done.

Kind Regards."

I told him they were done and to send the agent.

Haven't heard back yet, I'll let you know

Attachments

• scam banner quote.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 225
This is absolutely a scam. We get these emails at least once a month for either banners or screen printed t-shirts and they all sound more or less exactly the same.