• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scam?

Andy D

I'm 99.999% sure I shouldn't reply, has anyone gotten similar?
Why do you think they have their own name as the sent to?

upload_2020-12-9_14-47-23.png

CanuckSigns

Having their own name as the sent to isn;t uncommon when sending out a single email to a mass of recipients such as an RFQ or similar where the actual recipients are all bcc on the email.

ut the message would have me deleting it right away.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Fishy, but there is nothing illegitimate about his email up to this point. Just reply and go from there.

FactorDesign

I agree.

I actually run into SIGN SHOPS still using AOL email addresses.
Too close to home, My previous employer had an AOL email address for the main contact on a few of his businesses. I'd hear the AOL sign-in chime on his computer and laugh to myself. The main sign shop email would get thousands of spam messages weekly.

WildWestDesigns

The hotmail account and the recipient being the same as the sender is not what would turn me off this. Email programs (at least the installed ones, not sure about the web based ones) require an email address if all of the address are Bcc.

Hotmail/AOL email address, though may be considered outdated, in of itself mean anything. I have customers that still use both, they just saw no reason to change.

What will get me is the actual substance of the email. That doesn't ring of a typical email communication, even if it's urgent. At least in my experience, mileage may vary.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The hotmail account and the recipient being the same as the sender is not what would turn me off this. Email programs (at least the installed ones, not sure about the web based ones) require an email address if all of the address are Bcc.

Hotmail/AOL email address, though may be considered outdated, in of itself mean anything. I have customers that still use both, they just saw no reason to change.

What will get me is the actual substance of the email. That doesn't ring of a typical email communication, even if it's urgent. At least in my experience, mileage may vary.

Right on wild west...don't discriminate Aol and Hotmail users matter!