Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scammers Working Late....

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by trik, Oct 7, 2010.

1. trik

trik Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yuba City, CA
    Well I know we get tons of email on the scams, but tonight was very funny as we were here working late.

First call, I here Don answer and says who is this? who are you trying to reach? We can not do anything without a deposit? Then he walks over to me and says it is a TTY operator and this guy wants to give us a deposit to put graphics on two cars while his wife is in the hospital as a surprise for her. He wants $3500 put on his card, $1000 for a deposit, and $2500 to the tow company to have the cars brought to us.

As I start laughing and telling him it is a scam, the TTY operator is telling Don that she is being told it is a possible scam, and he should hang up, then before he is off the call, line 2 rings, and I answer, guess who? another tty operator, I just laughed and said we are taking care of this on our other call, have a great night!

I know not as good as Pat's story, but funny and I am tired and want to go home! :omg:

Tags:
  2. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
  3. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    We started getting the TTY calls first (couple years ago), before the emails.

The 1st one wasted an hour or 2 of my time figuring out it was bogus.