• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scammers Working Late....

trik

Well I know we get tons of email on the scams, but tonight was very funny as we were here working late.

First call, I here Don answer and says who is this? who are you trying to reach? We can not do anything without a deposit? Then he walks over to me and says it is a TTY operator and this guy wants to give us a deposit to put graphics on two cars while his wife is in the hospital as a surprise for her. He wants $3500 put on his card, $1000 for a deposit, and $2500 to the tow company to have the cars brought to us.

As I start laughing and telling him it is a scam, the TTY operator is telling Don that she is being told it is a possible scam, and he should hang up, then before he is off the call, line 2 rings, and I answer, guess who? another tty operator, I just laughed and said we are taking care of this on our other call, have a great night!

I know not as good as Pat's story, but funny and I am tired and want to go home! :omg:

Malkin

We started getting the TTY calls first (couple years ago), before the emails.

The 1st one wasted an hour or 2 of my time figuring out it was bogus.