Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scan codes on signs

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Mosh, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Anyone doing many scan codes for smart-phones on realty signs. I am doing my first one, just wondering how good they work. I am at the farm so have not printed it yet, sounds pretty cool. Let you all know if this one comes out. BTW it has been raining so no farming, only mushroom hunting, got about 45 pounds of morrells so far....

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    morrells are great!! used to pick chantrells in Oregon..

there have been some QR-code threads here... I've printed several, but only trial samples for a presentation I did on the potential benefits using these codes... Hawaii is behind the times on a lot of things, so not a lot of interest yet..

3. saktrnch

saktrnch Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I've printed a few, but haven't been able to measure the results yet. Seems like people really like them, or have no clue. The vCards seem to be going over the best for me.

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    45 lbs. of Morels....my ***...that's $12,105 at today's current market price.

5. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I have done quite a bit of them lately.
    http://qrcode.good-survey.com/
    This place has a tracking option for the code. I have used it for a real estate agent as well.

6. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    We've been doing a ton of them.

7. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I put one on a business card the other day to link up to the client's youtube channel/account which has his work on there.

I'll be putting one on my own soon - am setting up a qr code page so I can measure how many clicks it gets (and I won't be putting it on my site menu etc so I know that the clicks have to come from the scan).

8. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Great results here. Happy trippin!

9. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    You don't need to set up a separate page just use a google analytics campaign tracking code pointed at your front page or whatever page you want.

http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55540

http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55518&hl=en

10. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
  11. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    We have a banner frame on our building that we rotate promotions on, had a qr code for a discount on a sign purchase for the last month and haven't had a single person come in for it. I think the populous here doesn't understand what they are yet.