• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

scan motor error

Johnny Go

On the Roland SP-300v it means 'scan motor overcurrent error 2' which means a small load has been put on the scan motor over a long period. Could be a problem with your roll feed jamming or putting too big a roll on the machine.

ova

On the Roland SP-300v it means 'scan motor overcurrent error 2' which means a small load has been put on the scan motor over a long period. Could be a problem with your roll feed jamming or putting too big a roll on the machine.

I think you're stating two different problems. Feed has nothing to do with scan motor overcurrent.

How long was the printer running when yo got the error code? If you were running a long job, it may have put an excessive duty cycle on the scan motor. Depending how old the printer is and to what capacity it gets used, the motor might be getting weak.

There's actually two scan motor overcurrent errors. 1 & 2. 0040 [ big load] 0080 [small load] The big load usually means a media jam where the head gets stuck . This overloads the motor current causing the machine to alarm and the code 0040 shows up on the menu.

Here's the list of possible problems:
1, There's a bad contact/cut-line in the cable
2, Screw fixing the tool carriage to wire is shifted
3, Motor is broken/Life
4, Head/Servo Board is broken

Just for the record, the feed motor error is 0004 and 0008.

Hope this helps
Dave

cdiesel

What's happening when you get the errors? Are you seeing stair stepping in the print? Is it happening when the print carriage is in the same position every time? Is it happening often or just every once in awhile?

DRamm76

Another thing to consider is the media you are using. I had a customer get these errors over and over and turns out he was printing on a 300ft roll of banner with little or no slack let off the roll. The SP-300V is not strong enough to pull that through thus the motor errors

Sharx

Been here done that. My Roland (SC545 ProII) would give this message when turning on the machine. My tech needed to adjust the "home position" It was trying to pull the print head to far back and would put the "load" on. Then set the code. Find a service manual for you machine and it should help.