• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scanning Color Charts with iOne in Onyx 11

Working on creating my first color profiling project in Onyx. When I try to scan the color charts with my iOne Pro as a strip it keeps reading the color rows incorrectly. The only way to read the chart is individual patches. When it reads the strips its filling in the color values on the wrong patches. I have done lots of color management with my iOne and our GMG Rip so I know its not me.

Also was trying to get my XRite DTP70 set up on the Onyx RIP. It is running Windows 8 and I can't get it to recognize the driver. The DTP70 is no longer supported by XRite. Anyone find a solution to loading this on Windows 8?

If your i1 device is the new model (i1 Pro 2) then select that in the Onyx measurement device configuration list.

If you have the older model (traditional i1 Pro) then select i1 Strip measurement device in the Onyx device configuration list. Choosing the i1 option means that only spot reads are available, where the i1 Strip choice allows you to measure strips (rows) at a time.

DTP 70 is a long discontinued device, and as I recall, it is supported through Windows XP only.

I have an iOne Pro 2 -- I will check my settings. I may have just selected iOne in the list -- sounds like that might be the problem.

I bought the DTP70 back in 2006 and I know it's discontinued. Was just hoping someone had a magic bullet. I also have an iSis that I can borrow from somebody so I'm going to try that. I created one profile and read all of the patches in by hand with the iOne last night. Just takes too long. I might make my part time employee read them in for me. Paying him for a couple of hours of reading charts is cheaper than buying a new iSis for myself :)

If you configure the device in Onyx Media Manager as an i1 Pro 2, you should have no issues with reading strips. I have done it many times in Onyx 11 on Windows 8.1. Onyx 11 now supports all of the functionality available in the i1 Pro 2, including bi-directional scanning, higher frame rate, indicator lamps, etc.