• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

School/Church Bus Lettering Questions

BSL Graphix

I've been inquired about adding contour-cut logos to a freshly painted school bus that has been bought by a church. The logos will be multi-colored printed and be installed on the middle sides of the bus. The challenges are the hundreds of rivits and the molding down the sides. The customer has requested the logos be a specific size an they will need to go over top the molding and rivet. What type of vinyl/laminate do you recommend using. I'm us mostly OraCal products. I have used and have in stock the SignWarehouse PrismJet 230/231 Ultra in the past, would that suffice for this job? Or should I go to cast vinyl 3751RA?? thanks!!

Attachments

• 20160812_093531_resized.jpg
    20160812_093531_resized.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 280

2B

well there are several points

freshly painted vehicles have to outgas, much longer than regular paint before the vinyl is applied.

you must use a cast vinyl that is highly conformable to go into the bus and all the curves.
Assuming you are laying vinyl from the yellow onto the black "bumper" rails, if so have you discussed the distortion this will cause in the design?

T_K

Definitely need to use cast. A few years ago we did a short bus for a preschool using Avery 1005 EZ & DOL 1360 laminate.

We outsourced the install to a friend because we didn't have time to deal with it then. He did a great job, but complained about trying to work around the raised "bumpers". We had to reprint a couple strips in and reinstall to get it to look right because of all the contours.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
buses like this suck. I would drop this job like a hot potatoe...

'Potatoe'? Are you channeling Dan Quale?

Regardless of spelling difficuties, I agree totally with your sentiments. This job is a loser. If the OP does take this on, being a church, it be sure to collect up front.

Marlene

I've been inquired about adding contour-cut logos to a freshly painted school bus that has been bought by a church. The logos will be multi-colored printed and be installed on the middle sides of the bus. The challenges are the hundreds of rivits and the molding down the sides. The customer has requested the logos be a specific size an they will need to go over top the molding and rivet. What type of vinyl/laminate do you recommend using. I'm us mostly OraCal products. I have used and have in stock the SignWarehouse PrismJet 230/231 Ultra in the past, would that suffice for this job? Or should I go to cast vinyl 3751RA?? thanks!!

tell them no, the size they want won't work and tell them what will work.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Being a church install
Add a few drops of holy or baptismal water into your sprayer
Pray you get paid......

wayne k
guam usa

decalman

I would do it. Its a church, thats great. When I'm finished, I would produce a Bible and suggest it to them.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
It might need to be repainted. I'm pretty sure that some states prohibit non-school entities to use yellow paint on a repurposed school bus.

Can you imagine the number of perpetrators suddenly becoming "bus drivers" and picking up innocent children all over town?

JB