Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotchcal 3m Translucent film. Laminate or not?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by abadsvt, Jun 1, 2010.

1. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I just got in some printable Scotchcal 3m Translucent film so i can get this lightbox i have been working on done. I was curious if I should laminate it with calandered lam to help protect the surface or leave it without lam. If it is compatible i think laminated it will help make the print last longer. Any comments or suggestions? Thanks i appreciate the help!

Tags:
  2. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    curiously you took a job you don't know how to do??

3. stickermonkey

stickermonkey Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I was told by my supplier to use the cast lam to laminate this product. It worked for me. :)

4. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Just because i have never used the printed translucent material doesn't mean i don't know how to do the job. I have used the regular translucent vinyl just not the printable kind.

5. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    That sucks. I am all out of cast laminate and wouldn't get any more until next tuesday. Thanks for the help

6. stickermonkey

stickermonkey Member

Dec 3, 2008
    It takes you that long to get your supplies! lol ...I get mine next day most cases.

:( that does suck man! Wish I could help you out. Any of your competitors rub elbows with you?? Buy some from them if you can.

Kyla