Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrap 6mil 17x98 Black coro

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by genericname, Feb 8, 2013.

1. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    A very particular part of our manufacturing process makes use of 6mil Black coro, and the 17x98 sections that remains are completely useless to us. Anyone know what can be done with this stuff? Is there a buyback kind of program? Can the manufacturers melt them down and recast? Is there a source to sell them as blanks for other shops?

A piece or two of scrap is inconsequential, but we're talking about too much to use up in other projects, as we mainly use 4mil instead, and way too much to just throw away, knowing the value of it.

2. RJPW

RJPW Major Contributor

Oct 24, 2007
    Canada
    Sorry to answer your question with another question....but if you're going through high volumes of this stuff - have you spoken to coroplast or whichever brand you're using about having custom sheets made that would reduce waste and increase efficiencies?

3. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    I'm actually asking for our manufacturing department, but I'm willing to bet that hasn't been raised as an option. That being said, we do generate enough of it, but I doubt it's high enough volume for them to make an exception. We'll see, as I'll pass it along.