• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scrap Magnet?

2B

What do you do with your scrap pieces of magnetic substrate?

just finished and order of 70 16x18 magnets and now have a hefty pile of surplus magnets.

trash?
recycle?
donate to school / library / etc... for craft projects?

Thanks

Z SIGNS

Put double stick tape on em and stick them around your vinyl bench.
Great for holding blades

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Banner tape them to the back of your stainless rulers.
Works to hold them on vehicles and when cutting on a steel table top.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What do you do with your scrap pieces of magnetic substrate?

just finished and order of 70 16x18 magnets and now have a hefty pile of surplus magnets.

trash?
recycle?
donate to school / library / etc... for craft projects?

Thanks

No matter what you do with the stuff eventually it's going to end up in the trash somewhere. After you use a tiny bit of it for all of the clever but inane uses around your shop, just save time and put the rest of it in the trash yourself. You won't destroy civilization with sticking a handful, or even a semi-load, of magnetic media in the trash.

SignosaurusRex

Lets see, guessing that you used 24" wide roll stock material.... you should have about 1,020 ft. of 6" wide off-cut ...or 560 sq. ft. of various length/width pieces. In either case, I can see plenty of highly profitable use in that.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Worst case,
grind them up and mix in with the cat food.
Next time he needs to go to the vet you can just stick him on the roof.

wayne k
guam usa

phototec

You didn't say what size the scraps are, if they are large enough for a post card or larger, print you up some self promo pieces with your contact info and a calendar on it, attach the vinyl to the mag scraps and give to your customers with their next orders, they can slap them on any metal surface in there office.

If you create attractive artwork, they will have them visible for all to see.

Now you can write off the scrap material as a promotional material expense.

Attachments

• calendar-magnet.jpg
    calendar-magnet.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 377

MikeD

Aside from just trashing it, which may be the most economical choice, you could sell it to a recycle facility; probably get a name from your manufacturer. If the pieces are at all uniform, they could be sold to a hobby type store... There is one by my that I say 6"x7" mag blanks in a bin selling for $2.50 each! Maybe you could sell them as craft media on ebay or some craft site.

Donating usable parts to learning centers is always good, and if you have enough, it could slightly impact your taxes

Good luck!

2B

Lets see, guessing that you used 24" wide roll stock material.... you should have about 1,020 ft. of 6" wide off-cut ...or 560 sq. ft. of various length/width pieces. In either case, I can see plenty of highly profitable use in that.

yes did use the 24" roll.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions

Stanton

You are not asking about money. That was factored into the job.
It's about material that still has some use besides getting buried.

There is no limit to the uses for sheet magnet.

But . . .

There is some youth oriented club type organization nearby.
They do crafts to keep kids away from drugs and bullies.
They love this stuff. They also like 'end of roll' vinyl.