• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scrappers

hatmanok

Have any of you guys had trouble with scrappers stealing signs? The local Moose Lodge had 3 out Saturday Night and when they went to take them in Sunday, they were gone. Nothing worse than a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!

401Graphics

The fedex guy takes cans out of everybody's recycling bins on the street. I seen him come on my property once looking for cans. If he takes anything that is on my property he wont have a job for long. I have surveillance cameras everywhere!

SignosaurusRex

They are not "Scrappers". There are "Thieves" ....typically Meth-Heads. Those type will go to any length for a load. I LMAO every time I hear of another one getting really f'd up or fried to a crisp while attempting to steal "hot" wiring from new construction, street signs, sign cabinets, standing light poles, automotive catalytic converters etc., anything that will add to the scale. True "Scrappers" look at theft as bad karma, and rightly so.

Scott Reynolds

Not a sign, but about 4 blocks from my house some tweekers stole the condenser out of a roof mounted A/C unit from an empty house that was for sale. WTF?

slipperyfrog

Not a sign, but about 4 blocks from my house some tweekers stole the condenser out of a roof mounted A/C unit from an empty house that was for sale. WTF?

The house we purchased a year ago here in Vegas had the two A/C units stolen shortly after it was foreclosed on (the old owners, not us). Apparently the blue 3M tape with a notice on your front door is an invitation to crooks to steal whatever they want.

Pat Whatley

Heck, our old print shop was in a metal building in a bad neighborhood. We sold it to a developer when we closed it. Thieves stole the air conditioners almost immediately....then the power lines...then broke in and stole the screen printing dryer we abandoned and all the wiring out of the building. When there was nothing left to steal what did they do? They stole the building. The white walls you see are just insulation....no metal left behind them. A week or two later they went back with torches and cut the beams out of the concrete.

Used to have a problem with aluminum parking signs disappearing until they passed a law here that recyclers couldn't take them. Our scrap yards can't take copper wire or catalytic converters unless you can show proof of where it came from and why you have it.

Attachments

• building one.jpg
    building one.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 58

SD&F

Last month we left the shop at about 9:00 pm and one of the guys showed up at 6:00 to open. Two air conditioning units that sit right out front were taken. We are in a rather large industrial park and right in the front of it. Insurance replaced them with new ones and yet we couldn't convince them to put a fence around them to keep them from being taken again.

Richard G

On the news 2 nights ago in Miami the have taken 43 storm drains leaving gaping holes in the streets. My land lord told me that on one of his building next to City hall they took all of the water metes.