• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scratch off stickers?

showcase 66

I got an email from a long time client and he wants to have a "scratch and win" area on the back of his business card. I have seen them before but I have never really looked into them. My wife has received cards from online purchases with them on it. Some are really nice and some you have a tough time scratching off.

I dont want to get crappy scratch off stickers for them. Anyone ever use them or any good places to get them.

Thanks
BJ

CanuckSigns

is he looking for a sticker he can apply to his existing cards or is he looking for whole new cards with the scratch off built in? I don't think it's a sticker, it's kind of a coating.

showcase 66

I have seen a sticker coated with the scratch off stuff before. But he wants me to redesign his card from a couple years ago with this addition. Does anyone know of a place that can print the card with the scratch off area?

It is a coating that is put on during the offset printing process.
I hope your customer knows that it's not going to be cheap to do this.
Find a mid sized offset printing company in your area and stop in and talk to them about it.
Ask for samples to look at to check out the quality.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I'm more curious about what he wants to put on the back that is worthy of a scratch off?

HaroldDesign

It is a coating that is put on during the offset printing process.
I hope your customer knows that it's not going to be cheap to do this.
Find a mid sized offset printing company in your area and stop in and talk to them about it.
Ask for samples to look at to check out the quality.
+ 1,
and good luck meeting price point w/quality.
RUN

showcase 66

He sells hand made pens and sells on line. he wants to have a scratch and win on the back that has a 5%, 15% or 25% off code for their next purchase. Try to get more recurring business.

HaroldDesign

Believe it or not, he may be better off with pull-tab cards. I'm not kidding.
Don't hold to what I'm saying as some sort of wise advise or knowledge, but I will say that I'm sure what he wants can be achieved with other methods that in the end will deliver the same effectiveness at a lower cost with the same impact with good quality, rather than a good idea that ends up not being taken as worth anything by the end user.

showcase 66

Think you may be right. I have been looking for a while. Have found a few places that does them but price may be an issue for him.

Another option is to redesign the card with the discounts and let him buy scratch of stickers and put them on as he sends them out.

HaroldDesign

Think you may be right. I have been looking for a while. Have found a few places that does them but price may be an issue for him.

Another option is to redesign the card with the discounts and let him buy scratch of stickers and put them on as he sends them out.

Why not print a bunch of kiss-cut circles of his logo patterned across a sheet on low tack vinyl and apply them to the cards? He'd be happy to apply them himself to save some $, and you'll come out ahead by not having to do that while selling an option that makes you money & makes him happy.

shakey0818

:goodpost:
Why not print a bunch of kiss-cut circles of his logo patterned across a sheet on low tack vinyl and apply them to the cards? He'd be happy to apply them himself to save some $, and you'll come out ahead by not having to do that while selling an option that makes you money & makes him happy.

showcase 66

Good idea. Going to run that by my client.

HaroldDesign

On a side note about that - There's no saying the label can't be removed and re-applied. To prevent that would bring it to be a Gerber Edge tamper foil short run. Unless you can sell the novelty of the idea with every card having a maximum discount that he would be willing to honor assuming it's faults will be taken advantage every time - there are some major leaks. Realize what they are and sell, sell, sell.

Rooster

Scratch off coatings can be applied with a screen print process as well. It's usually more cost effective on smaller runs.