• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scratching laminate.

I am using orajet 210 laminate and when I apply it I am scratching it or I guess you could say it's putting a haze on the laminate. I have used a couple different types of squeegeess and I get the same results. Am I missing something? are there better squeegeess out there? any help would great.

Malkin

I read the title as scathing laminate.

Thankfully none of my laminates have ever had their own opinions.

splizaat

I have applied glossy 210 with plastic and felt. Both scratch but I've been TOLD that the scratching goes away within 2-3 days if it's in sunlight. Haven't ever gone back to see if it really did go away, but customer has never called complaining?

J

john1

Before i switch to 3M vinyl and lam i used the Big Squeegee and never had a issue. Of course it would scratch with a plastic squeegee though, The divits you can't see along the edge will scratch it.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I read the title as scathing laminate.

Thankfully none of my laminates have ever had their own opinions.

Myself, I did read scratching, however, my first thought was that probably the best and most decisive and efficient way of scratching laminate would be with one of these

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Least "scratching" squeegee I've used is a wet (with plain water) Geek Wraps squeegee. Even dry it scratches less than any other I've tried but it just glides when the edge is wet.