• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scratching Prints

jrpaceys

Hello, We have been working on mounting alot of double sided prints, none of which are laminated (short term use). Have been using Oracal 3640 Matte without issue, of course now we have a customer who ordered gloss, so I printed on the gloss version of this material. After 48 hours dry time, proceeded to mount the first side, flip the sheet and mount the back side (with a laminator) , and the print that was on bottom is terribly scratched...? Cleaned lamitator and did everything we could to keep it from dragging durring mounting...We had no issue with the matte product. I was cusrious if there is something with a gloss material that is more susceptible to scratching?

Greatly appreciate advice !

danno

Most gloss medias don't accept ink as well as any matte medias. I keep asking 3M for an IJ180Cv3-20. I have had success with writing a custom profile with a reduce ink level specifically for the gloss medias.

jrpaceys

Thanks Gents,

Appreciate the information and will absolutely use your tips, glad I'm not the only one with this issue....thought I was loosing my head !

C