• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screaming JV33

jaly723

I have a Mimaki JV33-160 that is 2 years old and it literally screams when printing. Sounds like the bearings in the Y axis motor are gone bad. I dont think the whole entire motor needs replaced though because it still prints great, it is just super noisy. I have a brand new JV33 that I just bought and what a difference when the carriage slides back and forth. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to fix the screaming noise when printing. And yes, i do put 3 n 1 oil on the slider bar regularly. Thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Probably going to need to determine exactly which bearing is screeching and replace it. You might be able to get some oil on/into the bearing itself and it may calm down though.

ChicagoGraphics

I had that noise with my JV3 a few weeks ago, I put a drop of oil on the gear that turns the grit roller oppisite end where the heads are and the noise is gone.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
99.999% of the time it will only be the Y axis motor.
I have tried to replace the bearings but it wasnt economical to do. Replacing the motor is the only option.
However you will find it will work like this for many years, but you have to put up with the noise.
Tekkie1

particleman

Yup, you'll have to replace the Y motor. Every time I see this issue that is the cause. This also happens on the jv3 and jv5.