• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen color not print color

CentralSigns

I run a Roland with Versaworks, and use Signlab and Corelx3 to design in. I'm finding that the screen color on this new laptop isn't the same as the print color. Is there a way to sync the two so they are the same. They seem several shades out.

Locals Find!

Could you print a series of colors off your printer and then have your monitor calibrated to bring the colors a bit closer together?? Of, course there will always be issues with interpretation in this method such as overhead lighting monitor quality etc.. but, it might bring you within an acceptable range.

SOA

This is always an issue, I tend to only use rolans colours when designing,that way I know what they will come out like,the same colour varys on different media aswell,I have a roland colour swatch printed in standard mode & the 'max impact' mode as I like the strong colours max impact gives, but the difference between the two setting is huge!

CentralSigns

I printed a CMYK swatch and compared it to the screen and the color is out a bit. had a fussy client that noticed. I am not sure Adtechia how to calibrate or I guess access find a place to do screen adjustments. I can enter profiles for HP printers and wounder if the Rolands have the like.

Locals Find!

I printed a CMYK swatch and compared it to the screen and the color is out a bit. had a fussy client that noticed. I am not sure Adtechia how to calibrate or I guess access find a place to do screen adjustments. I can enter profiles for HP printers and wounder if the Rolands have the like.

I am sure you can find someone. I have someone calibrate my CRT monitors every couple of years. I don't know how its done on the newer LCD monitors though.

On my CRT monitors the tech comes out with some really powerful magnets and does something. I have never been able to watch him closely though because, I have a pacemaker and his magnets cause me issues.