• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen Printing Drying Cabinet

Darion Judd

Attachments

• DFAD2B8A-0A3C-46D0-B6AA-8B8A2F145F01.jpeg
    DFAD2B8A-0A3C-46D0-B6AA-8B8A2F145F01.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 286

Johnny Best

Are you looking to dry your screens after you put your indirect or direct emulsion on. Looks like it would work great for small screens for speeding up drying. I use large screens and just put a fan on them when I place them in a vertical rack.

foeller32

I haven't used one, but my understanding is that a screen can be dry after only 1-2 hours in the cabinet.
I built a large cabinet out of 1/2" plywood. All seams are caulked, and the door has a rubber gasket and latches that draw the door tight, so it's completely blacked-out inside. I used plastic drywall corner bead to make screen holders on each side; it holds about 50 screens. I tend to do a bunch of screens at once and just leave the door cracked open in the dark the first night so they dry. But since it's completely blacked out I can store screens in it for months without them going bad

Johnny Best

Rarely screen print anymore but I used the indirect films or capillary films as some call them. Faster drying times with large screens.
But as the OP was asking about the dryer he showed. It looks as if it would work fine. And as the other poster talked about making his own would also be a great idea.

d fleming

Been using a wood cabinet I built from scrap for years similar to what foeller describes. When I am ready to go for the night I coat screens and leave the door open with a fan. Come in the morning and close door, screens are ready.