• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screen printing signs... cobwebs?

Farmboy

I know I'm waking the dead, but I'm curious as to how this worked out. I just can't imagine you were able to stack this signs in a box for the customer. How were you able to cure the ink without warping the coro?

Pat Whatley

I know you asked Flamey but when we were screenprinting with corogloss we'd either just stack them in the racks overnight before packaging or run them though our conveyor dryer and be done with them. Corogloss dries really quickly. You can roll it on a piece of coro and vinyl letter it within an hour.

Flame

Sorry my bad. Was using coro ink, not regular plastisol. Just fiddled until I found the right combo for thinning the ink.

Spud Murphy

Nazdar 9700 (as mentioned by another poster) is the ink to use on CorPlast, if you can afford rack/air drying.
The 2 reasons for spiderwebbing: static and ink "gumming up" with prolonged pulling on the screen. The latter can be cured by adding retarder along with the thinner (scraping up used ink after every 50 pulls or so, and remixing)...sacrificing drying time of course.

ChicagoGraphics

All the years I been printing coroplast I only use Nazdar 59000 series ink, I thin it almost 50/50 with xylol, never have a problem excpet they seem to last to long.

Bill Modzel

Chicago, 5900 will stick but you have to wait a day to print side 2.
I switched from NazDar's coro ink years ago. It stunk and was just a pain. Dried in the screen too quickly, even in the semi-automatic press.
I switched to NazDar's 9800 PolyPlus series. It's thin enough to run right out of the can. Has great printing characteristics and adheres well.

Spud Murphy

I found out as a young man that it really annoys older screen printers when the racker says-"thanks" every time he lifts a print out. Especially on long runs.

Spud Murphy

...and don't keep saying. "Hey!-Here's the one we were looking for" every time you get to the last print...that really, really annoys them