• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

screen protectors for cell phones

auto accents sc

Does anyone know what kind of material is being used for the screen protectors on cell phones? Is it a low tack laminate? They are quite expensive for the amount in a retail stores.
Thanks, Jamey

dbenec

may want to try clear static cling?

i have some i can test and post the results - but don't have access to it today.

auto accents sc

thanks, I thought of that. I'll try that tool But I was under the impression the ones they sell in stores used an adhesive.
Jamey

dbenec

not sure about all of them out there but i had one a few years back for a treo 650 (store bought) and it was removeable and very much felt like static cling.

I have made dozens of them out of static cling. I alway wipe the cling side down with a wet paper towel before applying to make it damp. Then apply with a felt squeegee and you will have no bubles. They seem to last under my heavy abuse for about 6 months. I now make them for several family members, employees and friends.

Kwiksigns

wookie
I have a Moto Droid... I just use optically clear laminate... It sticks but not too much to where the removal is perfect. I just replace it every now and then.

TheSnowman

I just cut regular Oracal 293 Lam that I have here. I've made iPhone templates, but for my blackberry, I just lay it down, and cut w/ my olfa around the edge of it. When I peel it off later, it doesn't leave any residue, and all the scratches are on the surface, the screen is perfect.

animenick65

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was shocked at what they were asking in the stores.
Jamey

They make quite a bit off screen protectors, especially the high end ones for the iPhone. I've made a couple for myself, and they certainly work but don't stack up to the good crystal films you can get for various devices.

SignManiac

Yeah I got suckered into buying them when I picked up my Iphone. I never checked the price until I got home. That crap is way overpriced. 3000% profit is my guess.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i've decent sized packs of them real cheap at five below....not sure what all they carry for phones, but i get packs of them for my son's ds.....

ProWraps

i see them for $1.99 to .99 online. there is a reason why you see a cell phone shop on every corner. GREAT markup in all cell phone products.