• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scrubby Zoom

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Does anybody know if Illustrator CS6 will feature the scrubby zoom that is presently available with Photoshop CS5? That's one sweet tool.

Careful if you download the demo to try it....you'll end up wanting to upgrade. I most likely will.

Update: Since the demo download is CS5 Extended, I had feared that scubby zoom was an exclusive to Extended. After checking Adobe's comparison page, it looks like it's (scubby zoom) also part of CS5 standard.

JB

Last edited:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I have no way of knowing if Illustrator "CS6" will feature the scrubby zoom found in the latest version of Photoshop. It would be a cool feature to add. You might want to request it in Adobe's Illustrator forum. I'm not sure if any performance problems could crop up over the different ways Illustrator behaves with video cards as compared with Photoshop. It might be less of an issue if Adobe finally re-compiles Illustrator in 64-bit code so it can use more system memory.

The scrubby zoom in Photoshop is nice, but sometimes I'll change Photoshop's preferences to allow marquee zoom for certain things. The visible pixel grid feature in Photoshop can be handy for some tasks, but it too can also be disabled. Sometimes the grid can make it more difficult to edit clipping paths and do other editing tasks at extreme zoomed in levels.