• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News SE Code: 45:03 – Rewinder servo shutdown

Jimbow4

Hp latex 315 printer "SE Code: 45:03 – Rewinder servo shutdown" error.
I have some technical experience in the electrical/electronics troubleshooting, thank God. I watched it throw this hard stop code several times on startup with this "input feed roller/rewinder" motor trying to rotate forward and then backwards real quick and stop (hunting), throwing this code.
Taking the right cover off to inspect this motor there is a 4 conductor cable going to this little encoder on the back of the rewinder motor. The encoder on this rewinder motor gives the printer feedback to the movement/position of this motor. Checking the wiring on the back of the encoder, IMG_20190510_081019121.jpg I found 3 of the 4 wire had broken off.
The vacuum blower is right above this encoder so it gives off a lot of air and vibration which led to the breakage. IMG_20190510_093124854.jpg Fixed the wires and rerouted the cable away from the vacuum blower. Fixed!!!
Hope this helps!
P.S. Oh btw, I contacted Hp on this error code at first to get someone out quick and was told it was going to cost me around $50 to talk to a tech for a hour. Also at the beginning of this year they have moved over to a fixed rate of $1500 3-5 day response, $2000 1-2 day response or $2000 discounted to $899 1-2 day response but you must signup for a full year service contract to the tune of $165 a month.
Very happy I was able to fix this!!! :)

Last edited: