• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 62 ProS Help

hummboxx

Over the last few months or so, our laminator has decided to start leaving a line the whole width of the roll and if we don't pay attention it will ruin the print by leaving a bubble line all the way across our prints. Before, it only happened if the laminator sat for more than 30 minutes or so, now, it can happen almost instantaneously if we stop mid roll for any reason. This has never been an issue before and was wanting to know if any of you good people have had any similar issues.

bannertime

Does it happen a few inches into the lamination or right where the rollers are? We found out that a line would form where the liner and laminate separates after pausing. Kind of hard to explain.

hummboxx

Does it happen a few inches into the lamination or right where the rollers are? We found out that a line would form where the liner and laminate separates after pausing. Kind of hard to explain.

This is the exact thing that is happening to us. Can't figure it out at all, doesn't happen on all brands though.

bannertime

It's got to do with that separated laminate/liner sitting there exposed. For us, line goes away after a few days, so we don't scrap large projects because if it happens in the middle of it.

hummboxx

This is the exact thing that is happening to us. Can't figure it out at all, doesn't happen on all brands though.
Here is an image of what's happening, sorry if it's bad quality. It is only happening where the liner separates from the laminate.

Attachments

• Lam_Line.png
    Lam_Line.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 173

hummboxx

It's got to do with that separated laminate/liner sitting there exposed. For us, line goes away after a few days, so we don't scrap large projects because if it happens in the middle of it.
Does it only happen with certain lams? That's how it is for us.

Dan360

Yup, we get the same thing with pretty much any calendared lams and some cast ones.

It seems to just be the nature of it like bannertime said, we don't scrap jobs because of it either. But lately, I pretty much make the laminator my office when laminating larger rolls and people can come see me there so I don't have to step away from it.

I wonder if hitting it with heat before it goes through the rollers would help, I do notice it's not as big a problem if I run heat assist. But it does typically go away after time.

hummboxx

Yup, we get the same thing with pretty much any calendared lams and some cast ones.

It seems to just be the nature of it like bannertime said, we don't scrap jobs because of it either. But lately, I pretty much make the laminator my office when laminating larger rolls and people can come see me there so I don't have to step away from it.

I wonder if hitting it with heat before it goes through the rollers would help, I do notice it's not as big a problem if I run heat assist. But it does typically go away after time.
It does actually help somewhat, we have tried it a couple of times.