Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seal 62 ProS Help

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by hummboxx, Jun 4, 2019.

1. hummboxx

hummboxx New Member

May 12, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Over the last few months or so, our laminator has decided to start leaving a line the whole width of the roll and if we don't pay attention it will ruin the print by leaving a bubble line all the way across our prints. Before, it only happened if the laminator sat for more than 30 minutes or so, now, it can happen almost instantaneously if we stop mid roll for any reason. This has never been an issue before and was wanting to know if any of you good people have had any similar issues.

2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    maybe a flat-spot in your roller from leaving it compressed overnight?

3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Does it happen a few inches into the lamination or right where the rollers are? We found out that a line would form where the liner and laminate separates after pausing. Kind of hard to explain.

4. hummboxx

hummboxx New Member

May 12, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    This is the exact thing that is happening to us. Can't figure it out at all, doesn't happen on all brands though.

5. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    It's got to do with that separated laminate/liner sitting there exposed. For us, line goes away after a few days, so we don't scrap large projects because if it happens in the middle of it.

6. hummboxx

hummboxx New Member

May 12, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Here is an image of what's happening, sorry if it's bad quality. It is only happening where the liner separates from the laminate.

Attached Files:

7. hummboxx

hummboxx New Member

May 12, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Does it only happen with certain lams? That's how it is for us.

8. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Yup, we get the same thing with pretty much any calendared lams and some cast ones.

It seems to just be the nature of it like bannertime said, we don't scrap jobs because of it either. But lately, I pretty much make the laminator my office when laminating larger rolls and people can come see me there so I don't have to step away from it.

I wonder if hitting it with heat before it goes through the rollers would help, I do notice it's not as big a problem if I run heat assist. But it does typically go away after time.

9. hummboxx

hummboxx New Member

May 12, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    It does actually help somewhat, we have tried it a couple of times.