• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Seal 62 Ultra plus

msenjur

Hello!

I just got used seal 62 ultra plus laminator.

I think its an older model, becouse it doesnt have release paper roller.

can you give me some advice and secrets that could help me?

i have worked with some laminators, but they were different. On Seal i can split rollers so much that i could pull laminate throu with fingers...

Seal doesnt have that heavy peace, that you put on print material which holds it in place...

thanks for any advice...

papabud

Lone Wolf
i havent used your model, but i have the seal 54 base and i love it.
since you dont have a backer paper holder i would use and old tube and use that to pull it off as your laminating if you can, that will give you a smooth tension

msenjur

How do you set laminate, since i cant grab it with finger throuh rollers? Do you use some plate to push it through?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
How do you set laminate, since i cant grab it with finger throuh rollers? Do you use some plate to push it through?

It has a 1/2" nip opening, so not sure why you couldn't push something through and grab it. Same as any other laminator.

msenjur

yes, but other laminators has nim 2-3cm wide... so, you can easly grab laminate in pull it throu... When i have a nip 1cm wide, i have trouble when laminte sticks to lower roller...

i have some rollers in the back, with foam around them... that nip is even smaller... i hardly get forex 4mm throu. without these rollers it would be much easier.

i did some pictures what im talking about...

edit: damn flash... ok, i hope you will understand what im talking about... :)

20180123_175836.jpg 20180123_175829.jpg 20180123_175836.jpg 20180123_175829.jpg

Attachments

• 20180123_175812.jpg
    20180123_175812.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
  • 20180123_175759.jpg
    20180123_175759.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 209

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Hmmm...I could have sworn that thing went up to 1/2". Used to run one and never had any issue threading anything through.

msenjur

Yeah... I will figure out something...

Now i have notice that i miss media guide! It should be with printer. Where can i get that part?

msenjur

hope that wont happen to mine...

i have figure it out how to get laminate through rollers - i push it with something, but with packing paper still on... i saw that on youtube videos...

now i have another problem - i think we all do - what to do with laminate that is over print material - vinyl is 1370mm wide, laminate is 1400mm... Do you cut it off during lamination? maybe then later on table? it is difficult to handle roll that has lamine over edges...

papabud

Lone Wolf
the over hang material.
i shave it off as its coming out of the laminator
its easy to deal with. when i am doing a full roll it is a pain in my bottom to deal with afterwards so trim it as it comes out. done. plus the over hang if not trimmed off messes with it going through the cutter.
i always have a knife in my back pocket.

henryz

If you look for some youtube videos, I'm sure you will find some pretty good tutorials, I know when we got our first laminator 10 yrs ago I learned from them...

msenjur

yeah i tried doing that but with no succes... i should cut on both sides, but i cant cut two sides at once... i know, i should set laminate to hang over only on one side...

msenjur

If you look for some youtube videos, I'm sure you will find some pretty good tutorials, I know when we got our first laminator 10 yrs ago I learned from them...

i have looked for them, but i found only few tutorials... everything elese is just video how material runs though machine... :)

papabud

Lone Wolf
i always let mine hang over on one side. its easiest for me to trim one side than it is the other.
here is how i have my lamination station set up

Attachments

• 0125181512.jpg
    0125181512.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 178

papabud

Lone Wolf
well i will print several jobs and then just roll them up as they come out of the machine.
but i will print several print cut jobs at a time them the non cut jobs and will cut them apart in between them.
when i run full wrap panels i may cut those apart or just roll them up to cut later.