• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Base54 service manual needed

Neil ADS

could anyone point me in the direction of a service manual for a seal basec54 laminator I had had an issue for last two years whereby the top roller starts heating as soon as I put power into socket, EVEN when machine is in standby and heated roller switch is off. I'm in Ireland and cannot find anyone willing to look at it. I now an engineering company who may consider looking at machine if I can get a service manual.

Have you tried calling seal and telling them about your issue. That might be your best bet. Or they might be able to find a tech that you could talk to over the phone. Service manuals are not easy to come by but if you explain your situation they might be able to send you something.

Neil ADS

Have you tried calling seal and telling them about your issue. That might be your best bet. Or they might be able to find a tech that you could talk to over the phone. Service manuals are not easy to come by but if you explain your situation they might be able to send you something.
Yeh I think that might be my only option I have trawled the internet can't find service manual at all. I might have to email SEAL and see can they recommend a fix.

MikePro

the electricals of that machine aren't very complicated. just a few switches, a pair of photoeyes, a heating element, and a motor ....i would just open up the right-side panel and trace the line from the power to the heating element to the switch. Something is most likely jumped along the way, bypassing the switch and leaving you in an "always on" mode.

phototec

could anyone point me in the direction of a service manual for a seal basec54 laminator I had had an issue for last two years whereby the top roller starts heating as soon as I put power into socket, EVEN when machine is in standby and heated roller switch is off. I'm in Ireland and cannot find anyone willing to look at it. I now an engineering company who may consider looking at machine if I can get a service manual.
Hi Neil, were you ever able to find a copy of the Seal Base54 service manual?
I just purchased a used Seal Base54 and need to get my hands on the electrical schematic nd service manual.