Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Seal El 54 help

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by Aero Signs, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Aero Signs

Aero Signs Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Little Rock, AR
    Hello everyone.
    I have a seal model el 54. The gear that moves the chain and makes the rollers move is
    slipping from the shaft. I was able to tighten up the two set screws before and it would work fine for a while, but now I tighten the set screws as tight as possible and the gear is still slipping.
    Does any about have any advice? thank you

2. Aero Signs

Aero Signs Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Little Rock, AR
    [​IMG]

3. Aero Signs

Aero Signs Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Little Rock, AR
  4. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I had the same problem twice over a 1 year period. I can't really recall but the third time i called them and told them that something has to be done. They told me that there are some pins in there that get sheared and stop the gears from turning. You can weld the gear in 2 spots with a mig welder and the problem is gone for good. I have to apologize as I can't really remember how it was done but if you need me to take a pic of it for you I will.

5. Aero Signs

Aero Signs Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Little Rock, AR
    I thought about welding it also. lol, but it would be pain in my rear if I ever had to take it apart for something else.
    Please post the pictures. thank you.

6. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    A small tack weld can be removed pretty easily with a chisel or grinder down the road. It wont take much to hold it.

7. Aero Signs

Aero Signs Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Little Rock, AR
    Before I weld it . I just wanted to know if there is a part that can be replaced or repaired.
    I tried calling seal but I could not get a live person on the phone, still waiting on call back.
    Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.