• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Seal El 54 help

Aero Signs

Hello everyone.
I have a seal model el 54. The gear that moves the chain and makes the rollers move is
slipping from the shaft. I was able to tighten up the two set screws before and it would work fine for a while, but now I tighten the set screws as tight as possible and the gear is still slipping.
Does any about have any advice? thank you

Aero Signs

PYZkDG

gabagoo

I had the same problem twice over a 1 year period. I can't really recall but the third time i called them and told them that something has to be done. They told me that there are some pins in there that get sheared and stop the gears from turning. You can weld the gear in 2 spots with a mig welder and the problem is gone for good. I have to apologize as I can't really remember how it was done but if you need me to take a pic of it for you I will.

Aero Signs

I had the same problem twice over a 1 year period. I can't really recall but the third time i called them and told them that something has to be done. They told me that there are some pins in there that get sheared and stop the gears from turning. You can weld the gear in 2 spots with a mig welder and the problem is gone for good. I have to apologize as I can't really remember how it was done but if you need me to take a pic of it for you I will.
I thought about welding it also. lol, but it would be pain in my rear if I ever had to take it apart for something else.
Please post the pictures. thank you.

equippaint

A small tack weld can be removed pretty easily with a chisel or grinder down the road. It wont take much to hold it.

Aero Signs

Before I weld it . I just wanted to know if there is a part that can be replaced or repaired.
I tried calling seal but I could not get a live person on the phone, still waiting on call back.
Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated.