• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seal el laminator needs adjustment...how?

gabagoo

Not sure this is the right category for this, but my Seal el laminator seems to have a problem today. The main roller turns when nothing is in the machine, but the moment I apply pressure it stops turning. I have the side open and everything looks fine, but can't seem to find an adjustment or tightening knob or screw.
Anybody have knowledge of how this is done?

I have had this happen before and a tech guy came in...even though I watched him, I can't recall exactly what he did.

dsgn4

ok..they have an issue with the motor breaking inside its body..it may be that or not..if its been working fine i dont see why all of a sudden you would need to increase spring tension on it..but if you do..measure the height of it from its base up..should be around 6.375..give or take a few..loosen one nut and turn the other to increase or decrease the tension

gabagoo

No I am pretty sure it is the main motor drive that has 2 allen screws on the side of the sprocket, as they have loosened before... I have used every allen key I have and can't find one that fits...driving me crazy...I have about 100 different allen keys, you would think one would be a match...going go try one from a retractable banner next and grab a few from my fletcher!!!

dsgn4

yes ours was like that as well..its metric..2.5 i think..ended up being broke inside the body..we are on our 4th motor now after 3 years..they just keep sending me one under warranty

gabagoo

yes ours was like that as well..its metric..2.5 i think..ended up being broke inside the body..we are on our 4th motor now after 3 years..they just keep sending me one under warranty

yes they are broken or sheared off.. I need to bring a guy in to weld the end cap to the sprocket and it should be fine.....if only I had a welder!!!