• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seal el laminator

well, we did out first lam job on our new seal el yesterday. we have been using it to mount stuff on the past week or so.
what a difference! i did a continuous feed of approx 100 + feet of prints without any problems! i couldn't even do 2-3 feet with our old diage sole without it buggering up the print!
so............anyone have any doubts about buying a proper, good quality piece of equipement, just do it, and save yourself awhole lot of headaches and money in lost prints etc!

Bly

Seal laminators are great.

I'm just updating our old Image 62 plus to a Base 62.

signrios

thanks for the input, i've been thinking on adding it to my shop equipment.
right now i lack the space for it, will be building a new home with a shop next to it pretty soon, as for now back to laminating by hand:frustrated:

to be honest, i new that a better quality laminator would be a good idea, but never thought i'd be laminating 100+ feet of prints on my first try!
like i said in my origanal post, i would be lucky to get 2-3 feet on the diage, and i know others will say the same!

gabagoo

I love mine but honestly I have only once or twice tried doing anything over 10 feet. Although the laminator will have no problem doing its thing, the problem lies more in that I dont have that gizmo at the front to hold the roll, so it becomes a bit stressful trying to keep small debris off the print before it gets laminated. I generally have no need to do anything over 10 feet or so but I certainly want to look into that vinyl holder for the front.

LittleSnakey

Try using an old cardboard roll from the vinyl, roll the print up on the roll, then feed into the laminator letting it unroll as it goes in.

I love mine but honestly I have only once or twice tried doing anything over 10 feet. Although the laminator will have no problem doing its thing, the problem lies more in that I dont have that gizmo at the front to hold the roll, so it becomes a bit stressful trying to keep small debris off the print before it gets laminated. I generally have no need to do anything over 10 feet or so but I certainly want to look into that vinyl holder for the front.

we were doing 5 ft sheets and continuously feeding them in one after the other. agreed on the material holder/scoop/trough thingy for the front if your going to be doing large runs though.
i didn't get a manual with mine so i'm alittle unsure of the clutch settings for the top and bottom feed rollers. not sure what setting i need to have them at.

brush1

I love my Seal 54 EL to.
Front holder is very handy. No debris from the flor anymore.
It is worth any single penny.
Well build.
I sold my Daige!!!!! I didn't expect I will. :clapping:

gabagoo

we were doing 5 ft sheets and continuously feeding them in one after the other. agreed on the material holder/scoop/trough thingy for the front if your going to be doing large runs though.
i didn't get a manual with mine so i'm alittle unsure of the clutch settings for the top and bottom feed rollers. not sure what setting i need to have them at.

what do you mean settings? I just tighten and off I go....
there are settings? never seen any.

oh and that box idea is pretty smart..... Unfortuanately I am not!!! lol

on the top roller feeder you put the laminate on, there is a clutch setting on the right hand side, which you can loosen or tighten up.
same on the second holder which you attach the backing paper from the laminate on, again there is a clutch on the right hand side. i know you can adjust it, but, whats the correct setting etc?

gabagoo

on the top roller feeder you put the laminate on, there is a clutch setting on the right hand side, which you can loosen or tighten up.
same on the second holder which you attach the backing paper from the laminate on, again there is a clutch on the right hand side. i know you can adjust it, but, whats the correct setting etc?

ahhh those.... Like I said I never run laminate straight off the roll to often, I prefer to pre cut the sheet and tape it to the graphic... I am constantly changing laminate media so it is quicker to just cut the piece off the main roll. Most of my stuff will never really exceed 60" or so

oh ok! yeah we usualy just put the roll on and then change up the roll when needed. i think the clutch's are to tighten up the roll speed or something like that.

jhd

I remember the days of using a sled on my old daige to laminate prints and what a stressful experience it always was. I added a EL 54 and I can laminate all day and not have any worries.....I highly recommend this machine, it is well worth it. I print as many jobs as I can in a day and roll them up and then laminate them all at one time....its a beautiful thing - a big time saver!

I remember the days of using a sled on my old daige to laminate prints and what a stressful experience it always was. I added a EL 54 and I can laminate all day and not have any worries.....I highly recommend this machine, it is well worth it. I print as many jobs as I can in a day and roll them up and then laminate them all at one time....its a beautiful thing - a big time saver!

+1 amen to that!!!!!

tooth63

Glad I found this post. I'm looking into getting the Seal 54el.
Sounds like you guys like it. I have been using a diage quick mount 3 and
I just want to pull my hair out every time I have to use it.

Glad I found this post. I'm looking into getting the Seal 54el.
Sounds like you guys like it. I have been using a diage quick mount 3 and
I just want to pull my hair out every time I have to use it.

don't even think about it any more!! just buy one!! lol....... you will be amazed at the difference!

i know others have said before i bought mine, how good it was etc etc, but untill you get one and realize what you have been missing!!.......well....its in a different league.

tooth63

Thats what I'm gonna do, the Daige has already cost me enough in ruined prints. I wrapped a trailer recently and ended up having to re-print half of it.
Are there any options for the Seal that I should be sure to get or does it come with everything I need?
Thanks for the advice.

switch

We have a Seal 62Pro and can only say its an amazing machine, its over 10 years old and still going strong!

We have just ordered a EL 54 and cannot wait for delivery, this week hopefully. :)

If you thinking of going with SEAL its a no brainer the reliability and support is second to none

Enjoy!