• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Image 410 Laminator - breaking the safety?

fastsigns58

She's an old laminator, but still works great.

Lately, we have been putting lamination over digital prints.
These later are put up on hotel doors.
In order to get the best lamination results, we tape the layers of laminate & digital print on a substrate board.

However, the "sandwich" of layers causes the safety to go off on the machine.
The doors are 96" tall.
And we have alot of doors to make.

Is there any way to temporarily shut off or "outsmart" the safety device?

Otherwise, it takes 4 times the length of time to laminate through the machine.

On a side note, about 3 months ago, out of the blue, the safety did turn off for a day.
MAN! Did it laminate fast!!!
We turned the machine off for that night.
Returned the next day & it was fine.
Wish we knew how to to do that on purpose.

ForgeInc

If you are set on turning off the safety (a risky move) I think it's pretty easy if you remove the covers off of both sides of the machine. We had an old used one in our shop for a while. Someone had simply moved the laser from one side, and put it directly in front of the "receiver" portion on the other side. (so basically the laser wasn't shooting across the table, but rather only traveled like .25" right into itself. Hope this makes sense.

I am sure there are other ways to do this as well but make sure you have good workman's comp and VERY alert and capable employees, otherwise you are asking for some very squished hands.