• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Image 410 problem... HELP

natedawg9640

Hi people. Hopefully someone has experience with this or somehting similar on another machine.

We have a Seal Image 410 that recently failed. The top rollor is out of alignment. When the roller is at it's highest point, the left side is fine and the right side is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch low. Therfore, when it tries to lower and pinch, the left side hits the bottom roller far in advance of the right causing it to bind and error. We removed the left hand cover and see no stripped gears, broken teeth, etc. It is most definately bound up somewhere in the drivetrain though.

Can anyone help with some trouble shooting? We tried to contact the company but they no longer make parts for, or service this laminator. I find that dissapointing as it seems quite current. Up until now, it is marvelous shape.

Thanks for any input!

Nathan