• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Laminator questions

cmaxdesigns

I purchased a Seal Pro S laminator (used) back in August and have yet to get it to laminate over 8 feet long without getting bubbles in the prints. I realize there have been posts like this one in the past but I have several questions that are not answered in any one forum. Here are my questions:

1) How should the vinyl be thread through the laminator, from the bottom and over the top of the platform table? Or directly from the bottom bypassing the platform table and directly to the rollers? It seems to be difficult to get it straight going over the table.

2) Can the laminator be tracking the material wrong which would then buckle the material going through and create bubbles?

3) Do I need craft paper? I used craft material on our RS lam but feel it is not needed on the Seal.

4) Is there a certain technique to ensuring the vinyl does not warp and create bubbles on the way out?

5) Is there anyone in my area (Carlsbad, CA) who could offer a hand to help me figure out what is going wrong for a fee?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Aklaim

I have been experiencing the same problem with my machine that I bought new 7-6 months ago. At first the machine was fine, we could do long runs with no issues and suddenly we started to develop exactly what you are describing, however we couldnt get out more than 4-5 feet before it started acting up. All said and done, I have had 3 people look at the machine because it is under warranty. A rep from the company we purchased it from, a certified seal repairman that they sent out, and an actual Seal employee. Nobody was able to fix the issue and Seal is replacing the machine because they cant figure out what is happening. They thought that maybe the rollers got out of whack and if they just replaced the rollers that it might fix the issue, but they did not know for sure and elected to just replace the entire thing. Best of luck to you, I hope your fix isn't as drastic as mine is.

cmaxdesigns

Geeez, I hope it is nothing like what you are describing. I can't find anyone around here who works on these machines. Can you give me the information of your certified Seal repair rep? Maybe he/she can inform me of who I can have check mine out. That is pretty cool they are going to replace the laminator for you. Good luck.

Aklaim

If you call Seal/Neschen and ask for their tech support dept, you will get one of 3 people. Joe, Scott or Sean. Try and get Joe, as he seems the most knowledgeable from my experiences. Ask them for the local certified repair rep in your area and they will tell you where he works and give you contact info. I am assuming your machine is not under warranty as you bought it used. They should have somebody in your area. I'm in the Bay Area (California) and we have a 2 local guys, but they work for the same company, Sonoma Graphics.

cmaxdesigns

Thanks for the info. The lam is a little over 2 years old so I believe it is out of warranty but it is costing me more with all the prints it is ruining then it would be to have some one come out and fix it. I have to print a 40ft trailer wrap this week and don't want to worry about the laminator.

By the way are you going up over the table platform when laminating or are you feeding the vinyl underneath (directly to the rollers)?

Aklaim

Over the table/under the gray bar with tension on the feed roller. It doesnt matter how I feed it right now, as every print gets ruined. But when I would normally lam something it was under the gray bar, over the table if I was lamming roll to roll or anything larger than 4-5 feet. Im not a fan of not using the table because if for whatever reason some dust or dirt got on the print I want to be able to remove it before it gets to the lam. I need to see it basically in order to feel comfortable. I have a Seal 62 Pro S, not sure if yours is different.

Sticky Signs

Just a shot in the dark but it sounds like the rollers are out of whack. The tension needs to be the same on the left and right sides of the machine. I'm not familiar with that model but I would imagine that it's just a couple of bolts or screws that adjust the tension. Obviously a tech is your best option but if you can't find one, you can buy tension meters (not sure where) and adjust the tension yourself. My RS is set to about 5. Not sure what the 5 stands for, but that's what it's set to. Good luck.