Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seal Ultra 62 C Misalignment

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by ktwigger, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM.

1. ktwigger

ktwigger New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey all.

So we had a technician come in and check out our laminator, which was working okay but would get wrinkles in it on a long enough lamination. Well, he came by and made some adjustments (couldn't watch what he did unfortunately, was also training on our new HP printer the same day) and now the problem is worse. The lamination works for about 8 feet then gets severe wrinkling and bubbling on the left. I looked at Seal's website and in the manual it says the problem should be misalignment. Looking at the roller positions, I can see that they are in fact misaligned, probably by about 1/8" if I had to guess. Does anyone know an easy adjustment for this so I don't have to wait for the technician to come back out? Any advice on this would be extremely helpful, even if it's some kind of work around on the misalignment.

2. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    USA
    If the base is level, are the rollers not parallel? Level the machine first before making any other adjustments.

3. ktwigger

ktwigger New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    The base is level as far as I can tell. Attached is an image of what I'm talking about. The top roller is clearly skewed a little to the left.

Attached Files:

4. De.signs Nanaimo

De.signs Nanaimo Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Nanaimo
    We had the same issue, though not as pronounced, years ago in an old shop I worked for, with a brand new Seal. It was misaligned rollers and they ended up replacing the whole machine with a new one, and upgraded it with large production kit!

5. ktwigger

ktwigger New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    *to the right.

Time for a lunchtime beer I think.

6. ktwigger

ktwigger New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    I think that is the route we'll be going with as well, but they're still looking for a replacement and in the meantime I'm having to reprint about half of everything and going a little crazy in the process. Just wondering if there's anything we can do temporarily.