Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second design challenge.

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by SignManiac, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Here are 2 more from rejected presentations...

30 minutes for both... Illustrator/CadTools

Attached Files:

2. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

Rick, how do you get your spec circles solid black with CadTools?
    Do you change each label individually after you've placed them?

3. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Good looking presentations again Rick. Slick and professional looking.

4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    On presentation drawings I don't use CadTools labels because I like solid fills on the presentation drawings, since most of the initial presentations are placed in the environment (or I fake one) Underneath the labels, there is another with a thicker white stroke to cut through color backgrounds.

I occasionally use solid fills on detail drawings because sometimes there are a lot of intersecting lines. The solid fills sometimes makes it easier to decipher the labels/notes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Here's a tongue in cheek version.
    About 20 minutes in Corel.

Attached Files:

• bob2.jpg
      bob2.jpg
      File size:
      253.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Jill... you made me laugh... I love it!! Your tongue-in-cheek version would have taken me 3 hours... and that's IF I could even think up a brilliant design like that!!

All of you are simply amazing! It's inspiring me to really try and get some creative juices flowing! I'm not sure if creativity is something that can be taught or if it just comes natural.. :rolleyes: I have no problem looking at a layout or a sketch and creating it... but that just takes knowledge of a computer program. The work you do requires creative thought long before you even touch a keyboard or mouse! That's the part I'd love to have... even half of what you all have would be a good start!!! :notworthy::notworthy:

7. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

Thanks for the info Rick.

I've recently started using CadTools more and more for my drawings. I used to do all my drawings in FlexiSIGN and/or AutoCAD
    CadTools for Illustrator kinda combines the best of both worlds.

8. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Here's one more from scratch. 35 minutes with tweaks so far. Going for a more traditional look and feel.

Attached Files:

9. Peachtree Monuments

Peachtree Monuments Member

Jan 21, 2008
    If you are looking for a quality source to outsource your foamcore monument signs to... check out our company - www.foamcraft.info