• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Second printer suggestion.

fine point

hey all.
we need help deciding which printer we should get for our second printer.
we have a Roland now and are pretty happy with it.
Should we get another Roland so we can use the same Rip, share inks, profile, etc?

or

Should we get a printer with different tech, like latex and UV?

thanks!

FPG

Rick Cartwright

We have been an HP Latex house for many years and have owned several Rolands as well. Based on the recent research I have been doing I think I am going to slowly switch to the Epson Printers. Colors are fantastic and the print speeds blow Roland and HP out of the water. Based on what I have seen Roland hasn't done anything to update its technology and its what every person working out of their house is buying. Take your business to the next level and make a move up!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Depends what you're doing.

If your current printer is at capacity, You generally get a 2nd so your product is the same across both printers.
OR
You get rid of the rolland and get something faster.

Only reason to switch to a different type is if you're doing other work that will benefit from a Latex or UV.

fine point

Our business is picking up and we need second printer. i feel that we are going to do pretty much the same type of work but more. I thought if we have latex we can diversify what we can offer.
we had EPSON s40600 and loved what it was capable of, but had so many problems and left a bad taste. The print quality was superb, I have to admit.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I know a lot of shops that have gone Roland -> HP and many are happy so. Some dump their Roland after few years, some keep it as backup and I'm sure some also switch again to something else.
Anyway I'm sure if you go that way you will find new possibilities. L365 is what I would recommend to you if you decide to go the latex route.

Last edited:

fine point

Our business is picking up and we need second printer. i feel that we are going to do pretty much the same type of work but more. I thought if we have latex we can diversify what we can offer.
we had EPSON s40600 and loved what it was capable of, but had so many problems and left a bad taste. The print quality was superb, I have to admit.
It's been 3 years and I can barely remember but I know it kept having error messages and we had to have techs over 4 times within 2 years. The last issue was the print head got stuck in a weird position right when it fires up and stopped printing at all. The tech came over 3 times, one from Epson, couldn't figure out what was happening. We decided to drop it and got Roland VG2.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
hey all.
we need help deciding which printer we should get for our second printer.
we have a Roland now and are pretty happy with it.
Should we get another Roland so we can use the same Rip, share inks, profile, etc?

or

Should we get a printer with different tech, like latex and UV?

thanks!
We offer the HP Latex all models but the two that have been the biggest sellers for us as of late are the 700W and the 800W because of their white ink capabilities. If you would like to see a demo we can offer it in our showroom or virtually over the internet. Please reach out if you have any interest in receiving further information.

Thank You

Dave Philipps
Graphic Resource Systems LLC
105 W Dewey Ave Building C Suite 18
Wharton NJ 07885

dphilipps@thegrs.com
http://www.thegrs.com
Shop Online: http://www.thegrs.com/shop
See us on: Facebook
Phone 973-808-8600 ext 112
Fax 973-808-9388

mr-blue

I have exact the same situation, go with Roland for many years and love the built quality of the machines. These are workhorses. I pimped up my Roland with cameras and remote control tools so is can run over night. Had a look at the HP Latex 700W - but its all plastic. It creaks when you insert the roll, and as strange as it sounds, the feel and sound of a machine are not unimportant to me. The white is fantastic and when you need white color maybe this is the best choice. I think about the new LEC2 UV-Printers - but they are for a complete other market and useful if you want to extend your product lineup.

fine point

I have exact the same situation, go with Roland for many years and love the built quality of the machines. These are workhorses. I pimped up my Roland with cameras and remote control tools so is can run over night. Had a look at the HP Latex 700W - but its all plastic. It creaks when you insert the roll, and as strange as it sounds, the feel and sound of a machine are not unimportant to me. The white is fantastic and when you need white color maybe this is the best choice. I think about the new LEC2 UV-Printers - but they are for a complete other market and useful if you want to extend your product lineup.
I’m more interested in your remote set up! Would you care to share if it’s not your trade secret?