Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Surface Mounted Printing

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by TopFliteGraphics, Mar 23, 2020.

1. I usually buy second surface mounted printed vinyl from Signs365. However, due to the current situation, they are not offering it (along with a host of other things) and my second source no longer offers it.

Where can I buy vinyl with printing on the adhesive side? Or how do I do it myself with my HP315?

Tags:
  2. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Print mirror image on clear vinyl then laminate with white adhesive vinyl. pia, so we don't do it often.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Sounds like a PIA. Where can I outsource it with signs365 no longer doing that work?

4. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    • Like Like x 1
  5. getting a quote from Indy...

6. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Briteline (Grimco) has released a Perm/Rem clear double sided mounting adhesive. To be used with their Duratex PET material.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ItsNujo

ItsNujo New Member

Mar 15, 2020
    Oklahoma
    Gen Form 106 optically clear. Lam it to the face of your print. Mount to back of acrylic. I generally use poster paper(cheap). If you need it to be water proof just lam the back side of the print aswell before you mount it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    We were making some acrylic table tents and needed a cast product to conform to the bend. Did as Myron suggested, but didn't want to buy a roll of cast clear for this, so we reverse printed on Arlon cast laminate and laminated Oracal cast white vinyl to face of printed laminate. Wet applied the print to the acylic and it worked great. Just needed to lower temp to 190F at 8 pass our HP 560 to print on the laminate.

9. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    We're open and operating here at WYLD in NJ

• Like Like x 1
  10. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Its no different or difficult than anything else. Its white vinyl in place of laminate, whats the big deal?

11. See, this is why I ask questions. Lots of great solutions I had never heard of much less thought of myself. Thanks!

12. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    The difference is...do you need flood or spot white?

13. Flood white

14. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    It can be back lam with white vinyl or flood coat of white ink. Either way works well....

15. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I use Wyld, they do great work with real personal attention to quality

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1