• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seeking advice on upgrading shop to print capabilities

Signman1210

Newbie to this site. Looking to possibly purchase a printer in the near future. For the last 25 years we’ve been primarily a cut vinyl and paint operation focusing mainly on vehicle lettering (no wraps) and some signage. Have been using Gerber Omega software and plotter for years and it has worked great with practically 0 hrs downtime over the last 20 years or so. Although I am familiar with Gerber software and equipment I’m not entirely sure that I want to stay with this brand as I feel I would like to move toward having print/laminating capabilities in the 30” range. This is based loosely on the amount that I seem to be outsourcing this type of work over the past few years. I realize that I’m getting into the print market late compared to most, however I finally feel ready to take the leap. I am a one man shop with a primary focus on quality vehicle lettering and signage that stands the test of time with great outdoor durability. Any help or advice on the type of printer and associated equipment as well as software that would work best in my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: