Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking enlightenment

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by coyote, Mar 14, 2013.

1. coyote

coyote Active Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Baltimore MD
    Can anyone recommend solar floodlight supplier/brand? We're working on a carved sign to go on a stone wall and customer doesn't want to run wiring. Don't think the stuff at Home Depot or Lowes will do the trick.

Tags:
  2. rturner381

rturner381 Member

Jan 8, 2010
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I'd recommend he contact his electrician with a request like that. If he doesn't want to do it right, let him blame someone else when it doesn't look right.

4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    I would also use an electrician, either my own or clients.

5. coyote

coyote Active Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Baltimore MD
    Thanks. There is wiring for an old floodlight. I'll recommend LEDs to replace old flood and definitely will have building owner contact electrician. Our customers ask us to check into stuff for them, and this is a good place to ask questions.

6. Hicalibersigns

Hicalibersigns Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Check with these guys. They have packages specifically for sign lighting. They will assist you with what you need.

http://wisepowersystems.com/

Having researched this a bit, I can tell you that the solar solution ain't cheap. An electrician running new wire and installing standard lighting will probably be cheaper.