• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seeking experienced members for help creating pricing models

SIGNificant

I am currently working to develop a pricing model for my business that will encompass as many aspects as possible in the sign making and apparel decorating business. I am trying to make sure that I have the right grasp of the pricing models everyone else is using.

If you'd be willing to work with me with this, please contact me at matt @ significantsa.com.

Thank you!

Marlene

do you subscribe to "Sign Crafters" mag? if not do so as they have a pricing guide available every year that might be of help.

SIGNificant

I've thought about that, I'm just more interested in the formulas that get you from size and material to a final price. I'm basically working with scaling on 3 different parts of the equation:

Item QTY discount, Item size discount (based on square inches,) and # of colors with the ability to change the scaling terms at different levels.

I don't quite know if this is the best way to approach this though. I'm guessing most published guides don't exactly show their equations. I was hoping to hear from some members on how they determine their prices for individual items.

I also would like to incorporate additional things, like channel letters and embroidery pricing into the application, but don't know much about the pricing of them.

If anyone would be interested in seeing how this works to give me an idea of how you feel about my pricing methods, let me know and I'll get you some more information. I have everything presented as android and iphone apps. I am willing to share these if I can get some input.