• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seeking source for these fabricated stainless letters

Doyle

I made a mistake when supplying my customer with a bid on this project, hoping I can get this straightened out.... These letters are 5" high avant garde, 2" deep with bottom studs. I quoted this using my gemini catalog but didn't realize that in order to have bottom studs, there MUST be a back to the letters for some reason (more $$) and I cannot order these as open-back like the attached sample. The customer already has these letters around their facility, so I cam trying to supply something as close to this as possible. Does anyone have a recommendation of where else I can get these other than Gemini that can have an open back and bottom studs? In a worst-case scenario, I will have to re-quote this to my customer using letters with backs from Gemini.

Any input/ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo Aug 08, 5 36 11 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 08, 5 36 11 PM.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 60

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Order them open back with no studs then add the studs yourself? Drill a hole in the bottom for the stud, use a stainless hex bolt, drop it in from the inside, and spot weld the head in place (or fill it with a fat gob of epoxy all around the head on the inside).

visual800

I would assume having the backs would offer rigidity for these type letters. i would have to ask where are these to be mounted. Keep in mind if you bottom stud regular letters you have to add spacers to the flat bottom letters so the curved with line up. If not the rounded letters will be too tall if you follow me