• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seeking suggestions on print shop renovations

tititata

Hi,

1) What type of light or color temperature (2700, 4000 K etc) is best suited for print shop operations in terms of minimized eye fatigue and better natural representation of colors during inspection? I plan to use generous quantity of 4ft long fluorescent tubes (T5/T8 energy saving type) all over the printing equipment, shining down from a 10 ft ceiling. I have the options of daylight, cool light and warm light.

2) What do you guys think of black and white checkerboard-style floor tiles? An example here: http://www.bigstockphoto.com/image-480215/stock-photo-black--white-checkered-floor

Do they make you feel giddy, distracted and probably suffer a drop in productivity when working in a small area tiled with these? I thought since we are printing colors day in and out, a black and white environment might be nice. I plan to have all ceilings and walls in white with the window grilles and doors all in black. Weird?

wow uptown stuff ... almost every shop i've been in has had concrete floors and if they are really fancy it might be painted..i do like comfort mats next to the work tables.

i would be investing in a bigger work space than decoration..myself.