• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seems to have a bug in computer that is causing setting changes, communication errors

LMSigns24

I have webroot installed on my computer. It expired for a week, and during that week, one of my employees tried to download a driver for my plotter that only caused a bug! Since then, I have had issues with my computer. The internet hasnt been working right. My Versacamm times out, and in order to open up files on my flash drives, I need to restart the computer. I am running windows 7. Webroot is back installed, but how do I fix this??? I cant even re install my google chrome. Thanks

round man

sounds like webroot has disallowed any changes to be made to your system settings,....that being said the changes that were put in place while it wasn't working for a week are still in place more than likely and webroot will not allow any changes to be made until you disable it and make the proper changes then enable it again once you are sure it is functioning properly to protect and keep the changes needed to make your system function properly,...I really don't know that much about webroot but know that windows will allow you to make system settings if you have logged on as an administrator properly and bypassed any permission settings to do so set by any second or third party software if you turn off said software and then restore the permissions set by the second party software by enableing those permissions by turning the protection back on by running the second party software that would restrict those said permissions,...that being said,...turn webroot off make the necessary changes to your settings to fix the system then turn it back on,....