• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SEH Print server

rosebud

If you are referring to the voltage setting...Mutoh said anything within the range of 5.15 and 5.3 is acceptable. I have it at 5.15 and the problem persists. I have adjusted the voltage numerous times all within this range but the printer still stalls. I am 100% positive this is a problem with the mainboard. Everything else has been ruled out.

randya

I think my SEH print server may be bad. Can't determine exactly though so I am trying to figure out how to set up my Mutoh with a Parallel to USB cord instead of using the SEH box. I tried doing this but the printer isn't recognized in Production Manager. In set up properties I unclicked TCP/IP and chose USB001 and USB002 and it wasn't recognized. If I can hook the printer up this way and it works then I can diagnose for sure it's the SEH box. Can anyone tell me how to use this other cord? Do I have to install something or is it just plug and play. It is the cord from my vinyl cutter so I figured it could work the same way on my printer.

Network issues, connection issues including damaged cables or damaged cable ends, printer servers and their power supplies, network cards, firewalls, viruses & malware, unfriendly software, drives that are not defragged or error checked, bad drives, and PC's can all contribute communications problems between the RIP and the printer....

It is not always easy to diagnose

rosebud

Yes, I have tried all of those components per the tech's recommendations. By process of elimination the only item left to check is the mainboard. So I received a new one today, going to install it and see what happens. I am praying this is the fix I've so desperately been waiting for. I will update on what happens! Wish me luck.
Thanks.

MacDaddy

Think you will find it has more to do with MS Service Pack 3, which can't be un-installed... Just my opinion... If so, then you burnt some bridges...

rosebud

Think you will find it has more to do with MS Service Pack 3, which can't be un-installed... Just my opinion... If so, then you burnt some bridges...

Nope, happened on my Mac for years as well. The other day I hooked back up to my Mac that I ran the printer on for years (which did it as well) and sure enough it stalled. I had the printer hooked up to 3 different computers..two PC's and one Mac. No change whatsoever and all computers had different programs, configurations, etc. Everything computer related was ruled out.

I have the mainboard installed but haven't tested it yet as the ink fill ran out my LC so waiting on the new inks. Will update when I know.

As for burning bridges...I have two companies still willing to help me out who have good customer support. They want to resolve the issue and get me back up and running. They understand I was upset the situation was prolonged since 2005 and that I was just looking for some answers after so long. I was just one case that got sweeped under the rug and I do put that blame on myself as well for not following up more thoroughly. But I appreciate their help and am grateful they were willing to help me out in my time of need. Thanks to Mutoh and Signwarehouse. They were great.

As for those that came on here and were willing to help me out and share some knowledge on their free time I appreciate them as well.

OH..forgot to clear some things up as well. In my previous post I said that the board was not replaced after the calgraph tech adjusted the voltage and replaced the board. I was wrong. In the service bulletin from mutoh in regards to adjusting the voltage there is no change in main boards made. It's just a matter of adjusting the voltage. No mainboards are suppose to be swapped out. I apologize for my misunderstanding. I didn't know that information fully before I posted. I am not even sure my problems persisted from this occurrence only based on my speculation.

Last edited:

rosebud

I am very happy to announce that the new mainboard solved my problem. It has printed beautifully ever since I installed it and I've been able to whip right through all of my orders this weekend. It's awesome.:rock-n-roll:

Thanks again to Mutoh and Signwarehouse for helping and to those on here who freely gave their time to help me.

I am very grateful!
:U Rock: