• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiki 1100T with Flexi8 starter questions. (n00b)

Hello all my name is josh. I just got my first vinyl cutting plotter. Its a 34 inch Seiki and I am using flexi 8 starter for software. I got everything setup on the plotter (blade, rollers, etc) installed the software and starting making a test print of just some text to see if it would work.

I am using a USB to serial converter that came with the cutter. Should I have the cutter setup for USB001 or serial in the production manager? I have tried both and when I go to cut it just says cutting with a 0% next to the job and sits nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Josh

I figured it out. It was on COM1 and it should have been on serial COM3. Made my first cut. works ok I had to adjust the speed and the pressure of the cut a bit but the second one was perfect.

I have another question though. this plotter is a pinch roller model and where the rollers are it is leaving the marks from the rollers on it. Do I need to adjust the pressure on those I am assuming?

Josh

LongBeachCoupe

i have the same printer and i was having the same problem it u adjust springs on the rolers it will get rid of the marks it leaves on the vinyl

babeinthegame

I am at this phase myself, so at least I will know how to trouble shoot if I run into these issues. Wow....Thanks everybody! keep the questions coming josh since it sounds like we are in the same phase...and I'll throw mine out as well!