• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko 100s/ HP 10000 lift lever during print

eforer

Hi Everyone,

I'm having an issue on my Seiko 100s when printing glossy vinyl only. A few meters in to the print, I get a "left lever" message. I know ever 3' or so that the image sensor on the carriage checks for skew, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that. I have the latest firmware that will prompt me if there is a skew issue though, not simply stop the print. In addition, this problem never occurs on any other materials, just glossy vinyl. I've cleaned the sensors and I have no other thoughts on what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ed

eforer

It appears to have something to do with switching to face out media and the media advance sensors in the main scroller. Anyone have any insights?

Quix

How humid is your environment?
If it happens only in certain material, perhaps that specific material is more sensitive to the humidity and it doesn'y lay completely flat, so the sensors get confused.