• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko 64s calibration help

Excel

Okay this should be an easy one for all you guru's

I have calibrated my Seiko Horizontally (L-R) but my magenta and Cyan are out by 1/16 and i can not find how to calibrate in the direction of the feed, do i have to mechanically move the heads?

Cheers

seiko.jpg

Excel

Okay not the answer I was looking for but thanks, Any idea how easy this is, is it trial and error, yes my prints were crappy at that point we have gone through a whole process of cleaning since then but the nozzle check is not perfect.

I have looked through both the user manual and the service manual but i can't find how to adjust this.

new picture

seiko.jpg

J Hill Designs

Yes, I did it via trial and error - unscrew, move a tiny bit, reseat...kind of a pain, but it is what it is...they make a mounting kit that probably helps, but I didnt get it

Excel

Thanks,

Seiko Techies have all fallen of the planet

Its time to get my hands dirty I guess.

d fleming

there are some people who hang at signfreak.com that can most likely offer some good advice or direction.

tbaker

seiko and hp have a tool called a head positioning jig, it costs about $1000, what it does is hold the head straight and allows you to position front to back and slant.

What you are doing in essence is correct, but remember a little move goes a LOOOONG way.

go into your service menu and find head adjust 2-1 which is the mechanical adjust, it has crosshairs that you can line up, a little bit goes a long way. If you send me a PM I can see if we have a tech that is available in your area.