• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seiko 64s help

mario

Hi, I’m new here, found this site while looking for help, looks great site. I need some help here for my large format printer; it’s the Seiko 64s colourpainter. I’ve had it for around 7 years and am quite confident with it.

The problem I have is on the Magenta head. All of a sudden the head is printing badly, and its been replaced only 1 month ago. The voltages on the head are 15.5 for L and 15.8 for R. Now, when I enter these which are the correct voltages of the head it will fire from very few nozzles, and if I increase the voltage say around 3v on each, more nozzles will fire ink, but very shaky. After the tests I’ve made by elimination, what I’m positive about is the head is ok and electric cable attached transmits data ok. Ink pump is changed, and also damper is replaced, with new washers. The ink tubes looks find as I cannot see no air bubbles nowhere. Capping seems ok. I also changed to a new cartridge of ink and the problem remains.

Any feedback? Thanks in advance!

mario

magentaprob.jpg

J Hill Designs

is the ink in the subtanks old? when you change a cartridge, you wont see the new ink come into play until the subtank has been exhausted/replenished...approx 150ml of ink in those puppies I would say...

since the ink supply swap made the head print cyan perfectly, I would put it on something in the magenta supply...maybe when you changed the damper, you didnt screw it on right/got cross threaded or something?

mario

I use the printer nearly everyday, so the ink in the subtanks must be fresh, today i have changed those 2 o'ring washers attached to front of subtank and behind, but the problem remains.

I have to check more closely for any air bubbles cause this very morning when i approched to printer i've seen a gap of air on the ink tube just above the head!

thanks for your suggestions.:notworthy:

mario

Hi, Just for anyones information the problem I had was from the ink. I got new ink cartridge and have it replaced after flushing the lines.