• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko 64s Ink Drops

acothran

Lately our Colorpainter 64s has been dropping ink, especially on banner material. Seems like there is no consistency as to the cause. Really frustrating when it happen on the 10 ft. mark of a 12 ft. banner. I changed the head height to "high" on my banner profile and they may have helped some but it is still a problem. Below is a pic. Sorry for the pic quality it was a dark pic from my iPhone and I lightened it a bit to better show the problem. Thanks for any recommendations.

Allen

Attachments

• Ink Drop.jpg
    Ink Drop.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 136

J Hill Designs

that will happen to me after the banner material swipes the head on accident (material bunching) - had to drop pre-platten heat to 'off'

Rooster

My mimaki will do that occasionally when it's dirty and needs cleaning. 5 Minutes of maintenance and it's all gone.

Albion

You most likely have some dried ink on your heads..or the sides of the heads. The ink runs down and drips off every once a awhile. Clean your heads manually...use a pad kit and let it sit for a few hours it should loosen up.
Good luck!

miltondavis

Take a look at this link- likely related to your issue:
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54569
If it doesnt work- type banner buckling in the search.

Im not sure if this is cause of your problem and if you using ultraflexx.
I was getting this issue all the time with my seiko using ultraflexx, then switched to a thick bantex product and have a lot less issues. - between the pinch rollers creating buckles and the temperature this has caused a lot of head strikes for me. It looks like head strikes in the pic but if its not, you may have an issue Im not familiar with.

Also you can try this-
if you have build up around the heads-(crap built up from foamy on wipe station cleaning)
remove plastic parts at wiping station side so you can access heads and chisel off the built up crap with a flat head screw driver- Use Caution- dont slip and hit the nozzles!

Biker Scout

In the white areas like that, you can just take a paper towel and some Acetone or Denatured Alcohol, and wipe them up.

acothran

Thanks for all the replies. I'm 99% sure the problem is banner buckling causing the heads to strike the vinyl. I'm going to try some of your suggestions as well as those from the link miltondavis provided. Thanks.

Allen

robr

if the background is white you can save your banner by wiping it with acetone just the ink spots